In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and RMEI Medical Education, LLC. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hour.
Designated for 0.5 contact hour of pharmacotherapy credit for Advance Practice Registered Nurses.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality CME activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Martin Jan Bergman, MD, FACR, FACP, FCPP, has affiliations with AbbVie, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Janssen, Novartis, Pfizer, and Sanofi (Advisory Boards); AbbVie, Celgene, Novartis, and Sanofi (Fees for Non-CME/CE Services Received Directly from a Commercial Interest or Their Agents); Johnson & Johnson, Merck, and Pfizer (Ownership Interest).
- Sergio Schwartzman, MD, has affiliations with AbbVie, Crescendo, Genentech, Hospira, Janssen, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi, and UCB (Speaker’s Bureau); Amgen, Gilead, Medtronic, and Pfizer (Ownership Interest); AbbVie, Crescendo, Epirus, Genentech, Hospira, Janssen, Lilly, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, and Sanofi (Consulting Fees); and Crescendo (Advisory Board).
RMEI Medical Education, LLC
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Lobna M Eldasher, PharmD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Tania Dickson, PhD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Sharon Powell, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine
The following PIM planners and managers: Judi Smelker-Mitchek, MBA, MSN, RN; Trace Hutchison, PharmD; Samantha Mattiucci, PharmD, CHCP; and Jan Schultz, MSN, RN, CHCP, have nothing to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patients' conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
There is no fee for this educational activity.
This activity is jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and RMEI Medical Education, LLC. This activity is supported by an educational grant from Sanofi Genzyme and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians, nurse practitioners, and PAs are entitled to receive up to 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™, 1 ANCC contact hour, and 0.5 APRN contact hour. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page. Users must:
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the activity evaluation.
Physicians, nurse practitioners, and PAs who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CME credit. You must score 75% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity. All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation.